Sunday, February 17, 2013

When all things come together PERFECTLY...

I have a present for you.

I have been working all weekend on my blog banner and sidebar, and I mean ALL weekend.  I'm so proud of myself for figuring out how to add my photos and create a banner and so I'm going to pass along my happiness in the form of a dessert!

Here's a photo from last weekend in Las Vegas when I actually had this dessert...for about the 20th time.


Ok, this is pretty much HEAVEN on a plate.  It's Emeril Lagasse's "Individual Shortbread Pecan Pie" and it's NOTHING like Pecan Pie.  Because I don't even like pecan pie.  This is AMAZING.  I discovered this dessert years ago on a trip to Las Vegas and dinner at the Venetian Hotel where Emeril Lagasse has a restaurant called Delmonico's.  Lucky me, I had a bit of room left for dessert and tried THIS.  From the very. first. bite. I was in heaven.  Picture this...

I took my fork, took the perfect proportion of pecan pie and ice-cream and brought it to my awaiting mouth and indulged my taste buds. Instantly my eyes closed, my lips curved into a huge grin and a little rumbling of laughter started from deep within.  Yes, it was THAT good.  And every time I have it, this same reaction takes place.  My dear hubby just looks at me and smiles that "I love that this brings her so much joy" smile. {ya, he's a keeper}

So quite a few years back we asked for the recipe one night when we were there for dinner.  We are not past asking for recipes that we LOVE, I mean the worst they can say in NO.  Luckily for us, they said YES and all it took was a little schmoozing and maybe a couple "Andrew Jacksons"...  I gave them my email address and a few weeks later I got an email with the recipe!  WOW, I feel so privaledged.

So I'm going to pass it along to all of YOU so don't say I never gave you anything.  I will tell you that I've never made this though.  I've always said I was going to, but never did.  So I don't know how easy or hard this is or how many this makes.  It may need to be reduced b/c this could be a huge amount for restaurant quantity.  But if you DO make it, let me know how it turns out!

Individual Shortbread Pecan Pie:

2 lbs. Butter
2 Cups Brown Sugar (packed)
4 Cups Oatmeal
6 Cups All Purpose Flour
2 Tsp. Salt

Cream the butter and sugar.  Add the oatmeal, flour and salt.  Mix until just combined.  Chill before rolling.  Here's where I don't have any clue b/c they did not add:  I imagined you roll out the dough and fill individual ramekins with the dough.  How many, I don't know...  They also did not say how many pecans, so I would fill the ramekins with the dough, then add chopped pecans to your desire.

Pecan Pie Filling:

2 lbs. Brown Sugar
8 oz. Butter (softened)
1 1/2tsp. Salt
20 Eggs
5 Cups Dark Corn Syrup
2 Tbs. Vanilla Extract

Cream the butter, sugar and salt.  Add the eggs a little a a time. Add the corn syrup and vanilla and mix until blended.  Pour over pecans into the shells.  Bake at 350 for 35 minutes or until done.


Here's my own photo of my recent indulgence:


A gift people... a gift.



No comments:

Post a Comment