Thursday, January 10, 2013

Chicken in a SNAP...

My 1st Pinterest Recipe Test and Review:

My first recipe on this food blog was my own, so today I thought I would actually test and review one that I found ON Pinterest

I don't know the name of this recipe b/c it doesn't have a title and when you click on the link it's a bit sketchy. So since the recipe details were right below the picture, I would suggest just going off of that and NOT clicking on the link.  As a side note:  Pinterest has gotten so popular that some "scam" websites have linked up to Pinterest.  Now Pinterest tries hard to block them from coming up, but once in a while I'm a bit reluctant when I get to a website that doesn't look like anything to do with the picture I clicked on.  So be careful...

Ok, here's the picture of the recipe that I found on Pinterest:



and below are the instructions that come with it:


4-6 raw chicken breasts, new potatoes, green beans (fresh or canned-really any green veggie would work. Broccoli is good, too). Arrange in 913 dish. Sprinkle with a packet of Italian dressing mix and then top with a melted stick of butter. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Enjoy!


Here's my REVIEW of this recipe:

I'm calling this recipe "Chicken in a Snap"

The instructions above that were included are VERY easy and when you have only 5 ingredients to make a meal, I'm doing the happy dance for sure!

I did everything like it said to do and I would highly suggest using FRESH green beans so it's all as healthy as possible.  Again, as I stated in a previous post, I used an organic Italian dressing mix packet that I got at Henry's Market.  I combined everything in rows just as the picture shows, but used a little less butter for calorie purposes.  I baked it in the glass 9x13 dish and covered it with foil.  The only difference on my end is that it took a bit longer than the 1 hour to cook through the potatoes.  Maybe I will cut them a bit smaller next time.

Here's what my finished dish looked like:



This is an Instagram photo, so the lighting is a little of but the dish looked great and tasted GREAT too!

The flavor was reminiscent of dishes we've had in Paris, France.  It's had a "rustic" feel to it with all the food cooked together in one dish and the flavors together were the perfect combination of Bistro style food.

My overall review is:  

Preparation:  EASY
Directions: TRUE TO WORD
Presentation: LOVE THE BISTRO LOOK & FEEL
Flavor: FANTASTIC
Would I make it again: YES, ONCE A WEEK, WITH SLIGHT VARIATIONS FOR VARIETY

I highly recommend trying out this easy, flavorful recipe and adding it to your weekly meal plan!


Next week I'll be busy at the Craft & Hobby Association Trade Show, but will bring another recipe to you later in the week.

Let me know if you try this recipe out and any thoughts YOU have on it...

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment